Jesus will return...
Follow Dr. Jeremiah through the letters of 1 and 2 Thessalonians in a chapter-by-chapter study that will help you understand what it meant to the people at the time it was written, and what it means to Christians today.
The apostle Paul founded many churches in the Roman Empire, including one in the Greek city of Thessalonica, which he visited during his second missionary journey. At that time Paul had been forced to flee the city, so he sent his coworker Timothy back to check on the congregation. Paul was encouraged at Timothy's report but felt compelled to address misconceptions they had about the return of Christ.
In each letter, Paul stressed that Jesus is coming back, that believers who are alive at the time will be gathered to Him, and that they needed to maintain a holy life and avoid idleness as they waited. Paul's words likewise reveal to all believers today that Jesus will return--but that we need to keep doing His work in the meantime.
Each of this study's twelve lessons is clearly organized to include:
- Getting Started: An opening question to introduce you to the lesson.
- Setting the Stage: A short reflection to explain the context of the study.
- Exploring the Text: The Scripture reading for the lesson with related study questions.
- Reviewing the Story: Questions to help you identify key points in the reading.
- Applying the Message: Questions to help you apply the key ideas to their lives.
- Reflecting on the Meaning: A closing reflection on the key teachings in the lesson.
--ABOUT THE SERIES--
The Jeremiah Bible Study Series captures Dr. David Jeremiah's forty-plus years of commitment in teaching the Word of God. In each study, you'll gain insights into the text, identify key stories and themes, and be challenged to apply the truths you uncover to your life. By the end of each study, you'll come away with a clear and memorable understanding of that Bible book.
Each study also contains a Leader's Guide.