Saint Joseph Catechism for Young Catholics No. 4
The four volumes in the Saint Joseph Catechism for Young Catholics series endeavor to assist catechists and educators in the spiritual formation of the youths in their care as well as parents who are raising their children in the Faith.
This series has been found to be in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church by the Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
The fourth volume was developed for those in High School, with a focus on teaching teens an understanding of the fundamental beliefs, practices, and prayers of the Faith as elucidated in the Bible and the documents of Vatican II.
- Uses an effective Question-and-Answer format to convey the essential elements of Catholic doctrine
- Presents God; Jesus Christ; the Sacraments; Freedom; Sin; Moral Life; the Church; and Final Reunion with God in a straightforward manner so that teens can easily retain information with greater understanding
- Provides more in-depth and nuanced explanations of the questions included
- Sections marked "The Bible," "Vatican Council II," and "Explanation" clearly delineate text sources
- Provides discussion questions to help teens think more deeply about the information they have read, to listen to how others understood the texts, and to talk about topics
- Includes three Appendices: the Ten Commandments and the Beatitudes, Duties of Catholics, and Essential Prayers
- Concludes with a Topical Index to allow for easy reference of topics of interest
- Illustrated throughout
- Provides parents with the opportunity to share God's truths within the closeness, caring, and love of family