A Beautiful Bible for a Beautiful Faith.
This edition of the NRSVue Holy Bible with Apocrypha invites you to explore the depth and beauty of Scripture. It's durable and elegant design make it the ideal Bible to carry with you to work, school, or church. Skillfully crafted for the New Revised Standard Version, Updated Edition (NRSVue) text, Zondervan's exclusive Comfort Print(R) typeface provides a smooth reading experience that complements the foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars. Continuing the legacy of the NRSV, the NRSVue aims to faithfully serve the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy. With revisions based on new textual evidence, historical insights, and linguistic precision, this updated edition delivers a translation of Scripture based on meticulous care for accuracy and readability.
The Apocrypha is placed between Old and New Testaments, a nearly four-hundred-year-old tradition originating with the 1534 German Luther Bible. This practice separates the Apocrypha from the 66-book canon while allowing readers to benefit from its spiritual wisdom, exemplary piety, and historical insight.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version, Updated Edition, vetted by an ecumenical group of Christian scholars
- Apocrypha placed between Old and New Testaments
- Elegant two-color page design in a double-column format
- Presentation page
- Two satin ribbon markers
- Exquisite and durable Leathersoft cover
- Smyth-sewn binding lies flat when open
- Exclusive Zondervan NRSVue Comfort Print typeface
- Print size: 10-point